Dear December
I know you well
Although I cannot be sure I particularly want to
You give and you take
You slay and you break
Unrepentant
And unforgiving
Dear December Depression
You stalk me throughout the year
Quietly, steadily approaching your prey
Dear Depression,
I feel your presence.
Your arrival is inevitable.
But at this moment,
I will not surrender.
I will not succemb.
To the First of the Month
You bring promises of hurt
With you I am too well acquainted
To buy into the merriment and cheer.
I will trudge on
Through your haziness
Of laziness.
The inpermeable air
Of a halted world.
To the Seventh of the Month
I hate you well.
You tore my soul.
And devoured my spirit.
And in return,
You smiled at me.
A smile of victory
Over a corpse.
I may have been week,
But you're just silly.
Giving me the fourteenth
As if it would make up.
And to the Sixteenth
You are society's fall
The debauchery and madness
Which renders it mindless.
Over and over
I've been tempted to sniff
The lines of lies
You purvey to pillage.
Dear 24th
You almast make it all okay
The loving and caring
The exuberant await.
The pretence, so fickle
That it lasts but two days
I thank you for your showcase
The justification all December.
And to the 25th
Joy to the World
See the Sun dance
Jesus is born!
And after the gifts
And after the meal
And after the novelty
We all hide away into our places of rest
Our places of comfort
Until the daze wears off.
Dear 26th
Thank God for cricket!
Your only other purpose
Would be being the Aftermath.
To the 29th
You stole my joy.
I will not resent.
I will forgive.
And to the 31st
I love you most!
It finaly ends.
It's FINALLY over.
Dear December,
I know you well.
I don't like you and nor do I want to.
Dear December Depression,
Too close for comfort.
I will fight until I have it not in me any longer.
You may or may not succeed
But this year victory will be mine because
I will have fought ernestly and savagely
For my happiness.
For my sanity.
For my principles
For my life.
And finally,
Dear Depression,
You cannot have me
Not right now.
Now YOU deal with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment