They say never say never, but of this I am certain. Always controversial; swimming against the tide. Always fighting to be me. Always alive.
I've never been a really popular person. Wasn't ever really like. Because I tried to be. I started learning to be still. Tho feel the essence of me. It started a really long time ago - I just didn't realise it:
I've always been brutally honest. Brave. Daring. These qualities have always gotten be in trouble.
Like in grade 1 when I was answering back at Ms. Jeanot beacuse, in my exact 5year old little words she
"Was not a good teacher, because the teachers at my previous school used to [hear me out/] listen to what I have to say, whether I'm right or wrong."
Mrs Jeanot called my mother in and my mother confirmed that I wasn't wrong.
Now, for me, things have always been that way. It just got a bit sticky when I started going against the "injustices" that I felt I was suffereing at the hands of my mother. See, we've never reall had a great relationship. A part of this is what lead me to try being me. My rationale became
"If I can never be right, even in the eyes of my parents, *Eff* being, right - I'd rather be me".
So I tried that and thus far, its working for me.
I must admit, it's not the easiest of life's routes (going against everything that everyone else believes has the tendency of creating alot of friction between one and one's society), but it most definately is the most fulfilling. I can actually live with myself (and the many voices) because I love who I am. I just AM
Unfortunately, what people refuse to understand (and I don't blame them - it is natural to fear the unknown) is that I am not rebelling against anything as much as I am working to something. I am an immensely spiritual person and I believe that without Love one cannot find Happiness. And without Happiness, one cannot find God [The Divine]. I just happen to have different views on the same things. Some of my opinions correspnd with the "Mainstream" but all of them - even those that are unpopular - arise from a "Truth from Within".
Truth is Love is Happiness is God.
Love what you do, and do what you love...
XXX
The Black Sheep
No comments:
Post a Comment