Sometimes humans are petty. And we can't help it. We just are. Unles we have the last word, we feel that we have been defeated. We feel that in order to remain "in the right" we have to justify ourselves until the other party/ies succumb to our superior knowledge and by extention, our superiority in general...
I've found that this - and this alone - is the cause of all conflict. The need to be right and to ba acknowledged as right is the only reason people ever engage in conflict. The Palestinians NEED to prove to the Isrealis that they are the one true religion of that area (and by extension of the world) and vice versa. Capitalism and Democracy is still fighting for the general populus to acknowledge that they as institutions (and by extension, as brains) are more correct than Communism and Socialism. The Catholics and Protestants and Jews and Muslims...
Why? What will being right achieve?
Now... What would happen if we all became happy in our own knowledge of being right? What if humans could accept that other humans could be just as right as we are? Could we ever be able to maturely agree to disagree? If I know that I am right, why do I need another human - who also has, and is entitled to their own viewpoints - to agree with me?
This isn't a vote or a popularity contest.
The thing with having beliefs is that they are yours and noone can take them away from you. If the entire world disagrees with you, that, happens to be the entire worlds problem. You need to beieve in your convictions and then, you need to understand that by virtue of you having opinions, you will disagree with those of others. That is a simple fact. But that should never be cause for conflict.
I have the right to think. The right to be. Why on Earth would whatever "power-that-be" make me more correct than any other person, without facilitating any means of this being proven, without conflict?
This is stupid. People need to put their big-person pants on and learn to live and let live. You cant be bitter because I don't think you're right. And if you don't think I'm right - well, that's okay too.
"Do not argue with a fool. People will never know the difference." - African Proverb
I REALLY don't need to have the last word...
Peace and Love
The Black Sheep
No comments:
Post a Comment