Monday, October 11, 2010

I WILL BE FREE: My Redemption Creed.

                                 There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires.
- Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela

Fighting for freedom isn't ever easy...  It requires sacrifices that are beyond imaginable at times.  Sometimes, it demands even the ultimate sacrifice - that of life. 

I am and will continue fighting for my freedom.  My freedom in every sense of the word. 

I will liberate myself from the chains of society - and difficult as that may sound, it is one of the easier liberation struggles to win.  Once you stop caring about society's opinion of you, your battle is half won.  The biggest challenge is getting over the fact that you WILL be judged and you WILL be mocked and you WILL be scorned.  Luckily for me, embarrassment has become somewhat of a myth;  A tale which is spoken about but never really affects me.  I have chosen to disregard judgement as most of it is based on ignorance and that which isn't still really has no bearing on my life whatsoever.

Emancipation of the mind, is emminent once you leave the brain sucking mob that is society.  You cannot help but think for yourself and formulate your own conclusions once you reject all those which are fed to you but have no base.  Once you start questioning, you start coming across and actively finding answers.  Whether you mean to or not.  If being a loner is the only con of withdrawal from society's braingwashing, then the pros of being able to think freely, formulate your own opinions and hunt the truth down definately outweigh the cons...

When you have started freeing yourself in thought, it is only a matter of time before you start feeling oppressed by the mundane.  Be it friendships, habits, materialism, relationships etc.

AND THAT is where I find myself...

I feel so repressed and beleaguered by all the things that really are starting not to matter in my life.  I find that I don't have the slightest inclination to entertain triffle, petty things any longer.  I don't have time for immaturity and jealousy.  I don't feel the need to indulge those who seek to control the lives of others or to manipulate me.  I don't find that I should and sometimes can stomach mediocre, insubstantial pitfalls in this awesomely exceptional and extraodinary journey of life.

Although, this is a terrible coping mechanism, it works for me:  I'm going to make a bubble and blow it away.  Yes:

                                     I stretch my arms out as far as I can, make the shape of a spherical object with them - beginning at the top and ending at the bottom, so that this imagined sphere rests in the palms of my hands.  At the same time, think of all the things that trouble me, irritate me and make me feel generally negative and mentally place them all inside of this "bubble".  Once inside, I blow as hard as I can and release all the negative. 
AND THAT IS HOW I "MAKE A BUBBLE AND BLOW IT AWAY"...

Thus far, it is definately working for me.  I release and feel released.  Then, I proceed to amputate the decomposing and decaying relations out of my life and the oppression that I once felt no longer exists. 

Only I can give you the power to oppress me...
                     And I WILL live my freedom to the death.  Even if death is what it means.

Robert Nesta Marley once sang:
                   "Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.  None but ourselves can free our minds..."

Live your freedom as it is:  The ulimate gift from The Divine.
May it shine for and upon you along with the love and peace They give.

Blessings,
The Black Sheep
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment